When we first hatched the idea of kettu, kånkens were always part of the plan. We were excited to welcome fjällräven kånken backpacks to the kettu collection a couple of months ago and we are so pleased that you love them as much as we do!
We first fell in love with kånkens whilst travelling overseas where fjällräven’s cult following means you spot kånkens in the furtherest of places. We bought our first kånken 4 years ago whilst in Helsinki and our most recent addition late last year in Hong Kong.
So why kånken? Well they’re a Swedish feast for sore eyes and their minimalist design results in surprising capacity. Designed with a large main compartment + small zippered front pocket and two side pockets. Not only are they a chiropractic joy to tote around but they have authentic Nordic utility which makes them a reliable go to bag for adventures big and small.
- Bag that keeps its shape – the box design and stiff material help it maintain its intended shape as well as the included comfy seat pad which is stored in the pocket against the back.
- A size that’s just right – the capacity of the kånken often surprises without appearing bulky.
- Zippers run around and down to the base of the backpack making everything accessible.
- Seriously light material – the kånken backpack is one of the lightest on the market.
- Quality that lasts – it’s a well-heeled story that original kånkens produced and sold in the 1960’s are still used today.
Whether you’re looking for a new bag to take to work, the gym, back to school, uni, nappy bag or as carry on luggage for your travels the kånken range is incredibly versatile not to mention fun. With the option to choose from four different sizes including kids, mini, classic and 17" laptop with more landing later in 2017 you'll find the right backpack for you. From one fox to another we say welcome!