Happy giving - whether it be a baby shower, birth of baby, christening or a first birthday there are lots of gorgeous gifts out there so we thought we’d put together a shortlist to make selecting the perfect gift for a little one a bit easier. Oh and we love to gift wrap so one less thing for you to do!
So what did we look for when compiling this shortlist? Longevity, clever design & charm.
Top of our list are wooden toys – not only are they perfect as decoration until little ones are big enough to play with them but they last and last and last.
- make me iconic range – trams, ferries, threading blocks, jigsaw puzzle and the newest edition – the tea set
- safari animals by petit collage
- alphabet blocks (English and Croatian available) by ponge
Ubang clothing, a Danish designer brand with the iconic elephant motif. All ubang clothing is made of 100 % organic cotton.
- we adore the elephant pieces – whether it be separates or the trumpet onesies and dresses
- mouse suit
- elephant and sheep teddys, perfect for newborns but also a great friend for sleep time when they’re older
Books are a huge part of our lives and they always delight. We confess to loving story time and here are some of our favourites.
- petit collage range – day and night first words, 1, 2, 3 count with me, my first touch book
- Dinoblock & Alphabock – sturdy cutout books
- Animal Alphabet by Jenessa King with the most beautiful images
- Animal Parade & Traffic Jam with an integrated jigsaw puzzle by Aino-Maija Metsola
Gifts for Siblings
A dear friend of kettu is also a committed gift giver to older siblings of new babies and here are some of the gorgeous gifts she has given (yes she has great taste) which include activity books and puzzles to keep toddlers helpfully occupied to free up mamas and papas.
- petit collage jigsaw puzzles & activity sets
- Tiger Tribe skittles
- My First Autobahn
- Mark mats - resuable silicone mats with special markers
- Smartmax sets
Gifts for the Mamas
Last and by no means least here are our most popular gifts for mamas to be.
- harper + hudson silicone teething necklaces
- maison blanche candles
- bendo photo frames
- smith & co body range
- marimekko towels & socks
The eldest sister at kettu is opting for the fjällräven kånken as her nappy bag this time around because of its functionality and versatility - the hardest part is choosing a colour ....
As always the kettu sisters are more than happy to help with selecting the perfect gift (and we also have gift vouchers) - just get in touch.