opinel limited edition escapade #08 folding knife | bivouac
Weaving together the world of tattoos and the beauty of nature, the Escapade Edition #08 Bivouac Knife is decorated with a mix of tattoo equipment along with alpine fauna.
This knife is a part of the collection of 3 Escapade series by French tattoo artist Jérémy "Les Aiguilles de Dje" Groshens, inspired by the beauty of the great outdoors and the desire for adventure. Beechwood handle with 3D sublimation. Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel blade.
- Blade length: 8.5cm
- Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel: It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chrome and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% gives excellent cutting edge.
- Blade hardness: 57-58 HRC
- Blade: The classic Opinel blade has adopted a Yatagan shape. The Yatagan shape is inspired by a traditional Turkish saber, the toe up. The blade is ground to an exclusive convex profile that ensures the strength of the blade and allows efficient regrinding.
- Handle: Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. The decoration of this handle is made by 3D sublimation process. This printing technique makes it possible to cover the entire surface of the handle, perfectly matching the contours, thus giving a unique character to the knife.
- Safety ring: Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives from the N° 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport).