opinel limited edition escapade #08 folding knife | azimut
Inspired by Aiguilles d"Arves, the Escapade Edition #08 Azimut Knife is perfect for those that value quality, all the while paying tribute to Opinel's place of origin.
This knife is a part of the collection of 3 Escapade series by French tattoo artist Jérémy "Les Aiguilles de Djé" Groshens, inspired by the beauty of the great outdoors and the desire for adventure. Beechwood handle with 3D sublimation. Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel blade.
- Blade length: 8.5cm
- Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel: It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chrome and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% gives excellent cutting edge.
- Blade hardness: 57-58 HRC
- Blade: This black blade is matt and more resistant to rust than a classic stainless steel blade. This blade is more sensitive to the risk of scratching, be careful not to use abrasive products or sponges when you clean it.
- Handle: Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. The decoration of this handle is made by 3D sublimation process. This printing technique makes it possible to cover the entire surface of the handle, perfectly matching the contours, thus giving a unique character to the knife.
- Safety ring: Virobloc made in stainless steel with a specific black treatment which improves the protection against the corrosion. This treatment is scratch-sensitive, be careful not to use abrasive products or abrasive sponges when cleaning.